Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection problem

• Please log in to reply

jimbo1531

jimbo1531

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, my computer will not connect to the router. Sometimes it looks like it has, but it has no internet connection and i still can't access the router settings. I've tried changing the microfilter and all the cables, i've changed the router, i've formatted and tried 2 different operating systems (7 and XP) and i bought a new networking card and still, no connection to the internet. I'm starting to tear my hair out here, I really don't see what else it can be. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

James

Advertisements

jimbo1531

jimbo1531

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Update: I unplugged everything from the PC which wasn't essential, which left me with a CD rom drive, one stick of RAM and a processor. I pulled out everything else, all the expansion cards, all the power to everything, even the fans. Then i booted with a linux livecd and surprise surprise,no internet connection. The connection its self is fine, i'm using it right now on a borrowed laptop. The local PC shop haven't got a clue either. Anyone?