Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Many Errors, Vista, Class Not Reg

• Please log in to reply

stripesthegamer

stripesthegamer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Vista Home Premium
OEM Acer Laptop
Service Pack 2

Long story short, I've been working on a friends laptop for 4 hours now gaining nothing. I never noticed the problem before...It may of existed or may not of. I removed Norton (dling the remover from norton) and installed Avast, I noticed I kept getting security alerts for no firewall and antivirus, turns out I couldn't turn on firewall...so I figured some malware, sure enough didn't surprise me the PAID FOR Norton Internet Security had missed some stuff, and it had about 38 registry malware... (malwarebytes). This is not the problem though, the problem is, I can't turn on the Windows Firewall (although Defender appears to work flawlessly), I can't Update, when I try to open Avast Anti Virus it gives an error about side-to-side service, I can't install any M$ download. First I thought it was windows installer, didn't install. Then I tried registering the msiserver....(ms installer), still no luck. Then I tried installed SP2 over SP2 hoping to get the missing files replaced. (After attempting SFC Scannow, and it said it could not fix the files)

The main error I'm diagnosing now is stuff about CLASS NOT REGISTERED.
Secondary Error (when trying to install Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Libraries) "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed" <--I am unable to install it, and It
's runinng under services.msc
The current error - "REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154)" <--Google this, gets me no where. I can't install any Microsoft programs to try and patch the bug. I can't repair because of OEM. I can't do a backup because System Restore doesn't work, I can't Create a new user because it doesn't ever open up after allowing control, the list goes on. Basically I need to tackle the problem at the source. Is it the Microsoft Installer not registering the installations? I thought it was a C++ Error that it lacked coding too, and never could install a redistributable.

Thanks for any help...

Edited by stripesthegamer, 12 July 2010 - 12:31 AM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
If you suspect malware is still present (and from your post that sounds very likely) you will have to post on the malware forum which is manned by experts in that field. We are not allowed to assist with malware detection or removal in any of the other forums. Malware forum is here:
http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

stripesthegamer

stripesthegamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yes, I know I can post there. It's not malware doing this. It's the system files. Like I stated before.