Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

messed up keyboard settings numlock doesent work properly

• Please log in to reply

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
my father got a new dell latitude e6510 with windows 7 on it. when he got it there was a problem with the integrated number pad. When he Held the FN key the number pad still typed letters. when he enabled number lock the number pad still typed letters. it was only when he turned on number lock and held FN that the number pad started working. I searched through the keyboard settings but they were all so limited. how do I make it so that when you enable number lock or just hold down FN the number pad will work. it is kinda rediculous to have to use both at the same time. i used a keystroke moniter and pressed every button on the keyboard and so far they all work so i am posting this as an OS issue. (i already removed and reinstalled the keyboard driver no effect)

Advertisements