Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nasty Virus Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

AmiableSmile

AmiableSmile

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer was fine yesterday, and then all of a sudden I keep getting popups in the lower right-hand corner that look like Windows Security Center. They kept telling me that I had serious viruses on my computer and to buy and download "Antivirus Soft" to get rid of them. First thing I tried to do was run my antivirus AVG, but I kept getting an error box popping up saying that a file was infected. I tried opening IE, and again, said that a file is infected. I then tried to do a system restore, and same thing. It basically kept me from opening any programs on my computer. The name or the viruses are Win32/Nuqel.E and Bankerfox.A

Then I tried to do a system restore in Safe Mode with Networking, which worked. The virus appeared to be gone. But I noticed that while I wasnt getting the virus messages, internet explorer will not load. I did some research on what to do about this, and someone recommended to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-malware. I did this, and it found 263 infections on my computer! Which was frightening, but I figured it had to have captured the viruses causing me problems. I deleted then all, and restarted my computer. IE will still not load. I just get a blank screen, not even a "page cannot be displayed" message. Then it says "not responding" and I have to shut it down. I've tried uninstalling the update for Internet Explorer 8, and reinstalling the update with no luck. I'm really out of ideas now...

Is the virus still there and not appearing because i've done a system restore, or is the virus gone and just screwed up IE? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisements