Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Windows Error

• Please log in to reply

myzstikal

myzstikal

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Microsoft Windows Error
Dell Dimension DM061
Desktop
Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 2
32bit operating system
***********************************************************************************************************************************
This is the error message I am getting....

Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working and was closed.
A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.
Windows will notify you if a solution is available.
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Also there is a icon that appears in the bottom right hand corner of the toolbar that gives the message below.....once clicked on.
What is Data Execution Prevention?

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.
DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.

**********************************************************************************************************************************
**********************************************************************************************************************************
I also notice that my computer is running slower and taking longer to load pages or gets hung up when loading pages.
I ran a full system scan with malwarebytes and Trend micro AV and only came back with a few tracking cookies.

I went to view the log files and found that their are some errors,but I do not know what to do about it.
I am a newbie and I am lost on this error problem so please be very detailed in any help you provide

P.S
I am new to these issues and computers so please be patient with me and don't quit on me like the last guy that was helping me did.:)

Advertisements