Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Crash, Operating sys not found

• Please log in to reply

matt11

matt11

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Sony Vaio Desktop and I had a friend install Windows 7 on it for me. It's been working for almost a year and last night it randomly froze so I had to do a forced shutdown(held the power button til it turned off) I restarted my system and Sony Vaio came up. Then it went to a black screen with a white blinking cursor, after a minute or so "Operating System not Found" came up. I tried to restart it a few times and it did the same thing. The next day I tried again and the "Starting Windows" window came up and stayed on it for a few minutes, but would lead to system recovery(which I've tried to do but but it can't) or safe mode where it is trying to fix C:/ sectors and restarts leading to the same page. I think my HDD may have failed or need it's driver loaded. I'm not sure really. Any help would be awesome!

Advertisements

deathtoal2

deathtoal2

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
hmmmmmmmm
well it actually shouldnt be hdd failure
do you have a windows 7 recovery disk or installation cd

Edited by deathtoal2, 13 August 2010 - 06:06 PM.

matt11

matt11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No when my friend upgraded it for me, he didn't give any disks with it. You have any ideas?

hmmmmmmmm
well it actually shouldnt be hdd failure
do you have a windows 7 recovery disk or installation cd

deathtoal2

deathtoal2

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
ask your friend for the windows installation disc
then boot your computer with the disc not windows
then reinstall windows

Edited by deathtoal2, 14 August 2010 - 10:32 AM.