Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mysterious Laptop.

• Please log in to reply

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Okay my friend has this Laptop.
And for the life of me I can't find it anywhere on the net.

No Driver support.
No nothing.

It came from Cheapguys where she bought it.
And she brought over the case it came in.

all it has written on the box is.
Intel H10/H11

And running CPUID for the motherboard got me no where also, same with everest.
It just came back in some cryptic language when I googled it.
/jk.

But seriously I couldn't find anything on this.
With just the Intel H10/H11 is it possible for you guys to help me out and find some information on this?
Thanks.

-Daniel-

Edited by TheWhiteRose000, 16 August 2010 - 05:53 PM.

Advertisements

Kii

Kii

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
dxDiag doesn't name a manufacturer at all? under the laptop it should have the OS sticker and name a Manufacturer its Licensed too. Like mine for example says "Acer Group"

Does it look like this?
Posted Image

Thats the only laptop I found with H11 in it, nothing turned up for H10.

Its called the "H11 12 Inch Umpc La"

Key Specifications/Special Features:

* H11 umpc details: cpu processor:intel atom mobile n270 1.6g fsb533(bga). Operating system: supports windows庐 xp/linux/vista. Memory: 1gb ddr2 (2g optional). Storage: sata 160gb hard drive. Lcd display: 12" 16:10 led panel(1280x800 wsvga). Lan: 10/100m ethernet access. Wifi: 802.11b/g. Keyboard: standard english 84 key, supports external keyboard. Mouse & touch pad: built-in touch panel, set two shortcut key, and supports usb port mouse. Usb port: usb2.0x2. Build-in camera: 1.3mega pixel. Sound effect:. In focus audio. Built-in stereo speaker. Built-in microphone. Battery: 3-cell 2700mah. Last time: 2.5hrs. Standard configuration: 1g ddrii/160g hdd/1.3m pixel camera/3cell li-ion battery. Accessories: adaptor, operation manual, cd, usb lan, vga cable. Size:302mm(l)*217mm(w)*18mm(h). Package size: 360mm(l)*262mm(w)*85mm(h). Net weight: 1.2kg. Gross weight: 2.1kg. Optional configuration: 2g memory, 250g hdd, 6 cell battery and various colors available.

Main Export Markets:

* North America
* Mid East/Africa
* Asia
* Western Europe

I'll aid in the search :)

Edited by Kii, 16 August 2010 - 09:24 PM.

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

dxDiag doesn't name a manufacturer at all? under the laptop it should have the OS sticker and name a Manufacturer its Licensed too. Like mine for example says "Acer Group"

Does it look like this?
Posted Image

* H11 umpc details: cpu processor:intel atom mobile n270 1.6g fsb533(bga). Operating system: supports windows庐 xp/linux/vista. Memory: 1gb ddr2 (2g optional). Storage: sata 160gb hard drive. Lcd display: 12" 16:10 led panel(1280x800 wsvga). Lan: 10/100m ethernet access. Wifi: 802.11b/g. Keyboard: standard english 84 key, supports external keyboard. Mouse & touch pad: built-in touch panel, set two shortcut key, and supports usb port mouse. Usb port: usb2.0x2. Build-in camera: 1.3mega pixel. Sound effect:. In focus audio. Built-in stereo speaker. Built-in microphone. Battery: 3-cell 2700mah. Last time: 2.5hrs. Standard configuration: 1g ddrii/160g hdd/1.3m pixel camera/3cell li-ion battery. Accessories: adaptor, operation manual, cd, usb lan, vga cable. Size:302mm(l)*217mm(w)*18mm(h). Package size: 360mm(l)*262mm(w)*85mm(h). Net weight: 1.2kg. Gross weight: 2.1kg. Optional configuration: 2g memory, 250g hdd, 6 cell battery and various colors available.

Main Export Markets:

* North America
* Mid East/Africa
* Asia
* Western Europe

It looks similar to that but its mainly gray, and has a finger print scanner on it also.
Also all I can find out is that Cheapguys made it.

but that didn't tell me anything about who the motherboard came from or anything.

=/

Kii

Kii

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Does it look like this?
Posted Image

Main Export Markets:

* North America
* Mid East/Africa
* Asia
* Western Europe

It looks similar to that but its mainly gray, and has a finger print scanner on it also.

but that didn't tell me anything about who the motherboard came from or anything.

=/

I guess its called cheapguys for a reason. I'de say call the store it was bought from & request the specs so you can get the drivers. If not, I say suggest to your friend it be returned, and if need be radio shack has laptops for like $479 imagine what'll happen when the laptop starts to fail... If its similiar in looks, I can bet that its related to that company whom made the one I showed you. & I can already tell you... its a cheap brand I googled APPO to no avail. Nothing on the company... & Its bieng supplied from a company in Shanghai.

Edited by Kii, 16 August 2010 - 09:36 PM.

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Does it look like this?
Posted Image

Main Export Markets:

* North America
* Mid East/Africa
* Asia
* Western Europe

=/

I guess its called cheapguys for a reason. I'de say call the store it was bought from & request the specs so you can get the drivers. If not, I say suggest to your friend it be returned, and if need be radio shack has laptops for like $479 imagine what'll happen when the laptop starts to fail...

Well cheapguys is now called Smartguys, and the company changed from what I heard.
So me finding any information from them would be a wasted effort now.

Luckily I found a nice laptop for them from Tigerdirect a nice refurbished acer they went with.
I'm still trying to dig out information on this laptop just in case its possible to work on it at a later date.

Kii

Kii

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Does it look like this?
Posted Image

Main Export Markets:

* North America
* Mid East/Africa
* Asia
* Western Europe

=/

I guess its called cheapguys for a reason. I'de say call the store it was bought from & request the specs so you can get the drivers. If not, I say suggest to your friend it be returned, and if need be radio shack has laptops for like $479 imagine what'll happen when the laptop starts to fail...

Well cheapguys is now called Smartguys, and the company changed from what I heard.
So me finding any information from them would be a wasted effort now.

Luckily I found a nice laptop for them from Tigerdirect a nice refurbished acer they went with.
I'm still trying to dig out information on this laptop just in case its possible to work on it at a later date.

I trust CompUSA for all my pc needs, which is also tigerdirect. There's a cheapguys in the corner so I can go and ask tommorow since I have nothing to do. I'll PM you with any details I find if this thread dies.

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
I finally found it.
Its a Compal Hel80/81
Sadly I can't find any drivers or manuals for this.

Or more importantly replacement parts for it.
The CPU fan is going but searching for parts has practically led me no where.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi TheWhiteRose000

You may find what you are looking for at the attached link http://www.compal.co...r_dnd/index.htm
Best of luck

EDIT: Also http://www.laptoprep...sp?brand=compal
And http://downloadcente...wnloadType=BIOS

Edited by phillpower2, 24 August 2010 - 04:55 PM.

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
know any place where I can find a CPU fan and heat sink for it?
Also for the download section the model number of the laptop isn't listed at all.

=/

Edited by TheWhiteRose000, 24 August 2010 - 05:10 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

know any place where I can find a CPU fan and heat sink for it?
Also for the download section the model number of the laptop isn't listed at all.

=/

Did you know there is a forum for Compal Hel80/81 owners?
http://forum.noteboo...ers-lounge.html

EDIT: The latest drivers are available here, latest on last page http://forum.noteboo...vers-hel80.html

Edited by phillpower2, 25 August 2010 - 09:45 AM.