Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Animated GIFs, how do I make them work?

• Please log in to reply

kanela77

kanela77

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can not get the animated GIFs to work after I download them to my computer. :)

I tried to get some new avatars and for some reason I can not get the animated GIFs to work after I download them to my computer, they stay as a regular image. For example, I tried to get the animated GIFs from here:

http://www.glitter-g....100&height=100

So I followed the directions [Right-click on the image below and select "save as"] and always get a non-moving image. What am I doing wrong? :)
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Advertisements

Bing7

Bing7

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • MVP
Hello and welcome to geeks to go .
it worked for me ,so when you save image as ,save it to where ever ,after it downloads you then need to left click[usually double click ] you mouse on the downloaded file to open the image ,then it becomes animated .

Edited by Bing7, 29 August 2010 - 06:36 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
gifs won't typically animate in a thumbnail view, and windows pictures/fax viewer can't handle gifs...if you downloaded it as a gif and it was animated before you downloaded it, then it will probably still be animated when you upload it as an avatar