Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Favorite Phone app.

• Please log in to reply

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I recently got a Droid 2. So far I love it.(Battery could last a bit longer but I think that is because I use my phone too much).

Question is what is your favorite app and why.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I just got one also, and battery life is definitely not real good. I'm still playing around with the different apps - part of the problem is, there are so many, it's hard to determine sometimes which to try out. I have one called Listmaster which I'm trying out right now - you can create different lists, such as to-do lists, grocery lists, etc., and have them all stored in one place. It does use the voice recognition feature also. I have another called drivesafe.ly, which works in conjunction with Bluetooth. It will read incoming text messages and tell me who is calling me. It uses voice recognition as far as being able to call people, but it doesn't integrate fully with the voice to text functionality; I can get it to recognize "text <name>", and it will open a new text message, but it doesn't work to actually record my message.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
One of the first I downloaded and still a favorite is RadarNow. One-click and it shows the radar loop marked with your current location. Simple. I like another simple ap this time of year called Baseball Scores. Great for keeping up on the pennant races. Finally, while I prefer a stand-alone GPS, Google Navigation has come in handy a few times.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Well I have gone all out on downloading applications.
Still looking for some good games to play.
I have found the subsonic Streamer a very useful app for me it basically rendered the need for my iPod Useless. As it streams my entire music library privately.

The following link is My List of Apps

I still have not found a really good To Do List / Project management that meets all my requirements. I think I might have to write myself one.

sjpritch25

sjpritch25

Malware Expert

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
I've got the old htc droid eris and love it. Battery life is not great, but just need to keep on top of auto tasks. Verizon did update my phone to android 2.1, but i don't think i'll be getting 2.2. I plan on upgrading next year though.

Here are my favorite apps.

Xiialive Lite (internet radio)
Pandora (internet radio)
iheartradio ( to get my local radio station)

Advanced Task Killer
Celebrity Gossip
Google Latitude (most have a google account)
Mabilo Ringtones & wallpapers
MSN Droid
NFL Mobile
PdaNet
Password Keeper
Radar Now
ScoreCenter (espn mobile)
Shazam (great for finding music)
Swirl-Free (keep track of your favorite wines)
Talking Tom (just fun to play with)
TiKL-Touch to Talk beta (its pretty cool and there is a small delay)
Yelp
MyFox Mobile (another good source for radar and local news)
Places Directory (great for finding restaurants, etc.)

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
yeah NFL Mobile is a must if you are any kind of football fan!!! 2 thumbs up :) :)