Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win xp - locks up at background

• Please log in to reply

randalboone

randalboone

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hello, This computer locks up at the background screen. No Icons or buttons of any kind. I control alt delete and get to task manager where somehow I was able to get to firefox and log to the internet. I ran the program on your page to clear temporary files, but when i have to reboot then again I have no Icons or options and etc... Please help. This is my friends computer and I do not know much about it. Thanks, Randy

Advertisements

randalboone

randalboone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Did I do something wrong or is there something else I need to do to prepare for help? Any advice available would be helpful at this point. The computer in question was custom built and does not have the original operating or restore discs. We eliminated the temporary files and downloaded Malware bytes but can't locate them to run. There are no icons or taskbars available and even task manager is not an avenue to initiate any programs. It appraers that reading the cd drive has become intermittent. Please help.