Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7 Chain BSOD - memory management

• Please log in to reply

Kolz

Kolz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So over the past few days, I have been getting many BSOD. Sometimes, my computer will not boot up afterwards (wont even access the BIOS, usually restarting fixes this). The BSODs list any number of different things as the error, sometimes nothing at all. Sometimes they happen in quick succession, sometimes windows freezes up while it's still loading up after one, but then after a couple I can run for hours without any issues.

The most common errors I've noticed include:

Memory_Management
IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal
Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

The last one I had was "Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled". I used a program called bluescreenview to save it as a .txt and I'm attaching it in the hopes that maybe it can help.

I have done some searching but my knowledge is pretty limited and there seems to be such an array of errors... I'm really not sure where to go :D Please help!

edit: I just ran one pass of memtest86+. I realise you're supposed to do more passes, but I need to attempt to use my computer for other stuff :\
The one pass I did turned up no errors, I'll run some more later on to be safe.

Attached Files

Edited by Kolz, 06 October 2010 - 07:26 AM.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Have you run any in depth scans with your Anti-virus and Anti-spyware scans?

Kolz

Kolz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I did a virus scan with avast!, it turned up nothing.

I ran several passes of memtest86+ overnight and it turned up over 15 million errors this time. A little skeptical that it was RAM, I tried replacing both my chips with two other chips and I'm still getting the BSODs with them. At the suggestion of a friend, I updated my nvidia drivers to some "beta" ones for the gts250 graphics card, as apparantly the current drivers are caused BSODs for people with certain mobos etc, but I'm still getting them.

Attached is the BSOD I last recieved, after all the measures mentioned above had been carried out.

edit: Just got another one with the code "bugcode usb driver" and when I attempted to boot up again, I got a "Bad BIOS Checksum" error. The next time I attempted to start up, it worked fine.

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   1.69KB   135 downloads

Edited by Kolz, 06 October 2010 - 06:30 PM.