I've got a user with a problematic PC. Originally it was infected with viruses, so I ran Sophos anti-virus in safe mode. This found a few viruses. I tried running malware bytes, but the .exe wouldn't respond, so I did a bit of research and renamed the executable for it to run.
That also found a few infections. I ran TFC and ATF Cleaner too, but still have the same problem. I did an online scan using Bitdefender, which found nothing. Now I'm trying to run Spybot S&D which is doing exactly Malware Bytes did, regardless of whether I rename the excecutable.
The computer is a Windows XP SP3 machine.