Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new smartphone

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Currently, I have an old lg rumor (very reliable) phone. Currently with sprint, but not under contract. Looking for a new smart phone. Any recommendations? Should I just wait a few more months till the next generation comes out? I will probably stay with sprint as I have an unlimited data plan. But, I'm open minded (except for att, they are just evil in my book). :D

Advertisements

Double_D_Edd

Double_D_Edd

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I used to have an LG Rumor also, and as you said, it's a reliable phone. Have you looked at the HTC touchscreen phones? I currently have the HTC Hero (I'm with Sprint as well), looking to get the Evo around mid-November, since that's when I'm eligible for an upgrade. Furthermore, your unlimited data plan would go hand-in-hand with an HTC phone (most of the HTC phones require an unlimited data plan anyway).

Look on the bright side -- you won't have to switch to AT&T. :D

I hope I helped ;)

-Edd

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'll second anyone's vote for an HTC phone. i've had 2 of them so far and i've loved them both (both windows mobile)

Ibrad2010

Ibrad2010

GeekU Freshman

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Yeah I heard the HTC phones are nice, I also have a friend that has the Sprint Galaxy S phone and I have heard no complaints from them about it.

Foxxed

Foxxed

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I vote HTC + Android.
I've owned a HTC S620 running windows mobile 6.5 (3volution mod)
and I currently own a HTC Magic(mytouch 1.2) running Froyo 2.2 Cyanogenmod 6.0.0

And I really like the Android OS and T-mobile is releasing the bigger/better Mytouch4G
(the new ads are Hi, I'm an I-phone And I'm the new Mytouch4G)

its pretty nice looking as far as pics and specs go.. Stay away from the HTC G2 and motorola if you are big modder
Moto locks the Bootloader and the G2 is pretty much a POS that randomly dies(literally)

Not to sure about the new WP7 but the newest HTC phones running it look REALLY nice