Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP PSC 1410 printer not printing

• Please log in to reply

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Vista Service Pack 2
In the past it was just select Print in any program and printer worked. I just started having problems where it wouldn't print. Item would sit in printer, even after deleting. Then I noticed that every time printer was turned on the Vista system searched and loaded software for printer and I believe I saw it loaded all software associated with it - imaging programs and such.

Any thoughts where to start on this one?

bamakodaker

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
First try uninstalling the printer driver then re-installing it from the HP CD supplied with the printer.
Make sure you follow the driver installation instructions, as with many USB printers the printer must be turned off when you start the driver installation, and only turn it on when prompted to do so. As I've never installed an HP printer that may not apply in your case, but do check the instructions.

Also make sure none of the ink cartridges are empty. Most printers will not print at all, even if only one cartridge is empty.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 18 November 2010 - 05:25 AM.

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Thank you for the suggestions.

However, I'm not really that familiar with all procedures and try hard to not exceed what I understand so I don't create new problems.

I have Vista Basic 32 bit. Thru Add/Remove I removed the HP printer icons. I want to make sure I remove it all before I try to reinstall.

bamakodaker