Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BASIC for windows 95

• Please log in to reply

BASICBASIC

BASICBASIC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an old computer with windows 95 on it. I used to know a way to access
a window for programming in BASIC language. I learned BASIC on the TRS-80 a long time
ago. I have tried the on-line interpeters, Liberty BASIC, NGBASIC, BETA BASIC, but
the problem is they do not utilize the RANDOMIZE function. Can anyone tell me how
I can locate a fully functional BASIC program that will loop and utilize the RANDOMIZE
command or if not how to access BASIC on Windows 95 perhaps 98? Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There used to be something called QBASIC which was terribly outdated at the time and wasn't BASIC as every 80's kid knew it.

However BASIC had various flavours to it which varied depending on the platform it was running.
The RANDOMIZE command would usually have been been shortened to RND to generate a random number, by default between 0 and 1, or 0 and whatever your upper limit is.

However this method of programming by typing in commands has fallen by the wayside with the rise of the graphical operating systems, so they're all now basically what's called Object Orientated Programming, aka "what should I do if the user clicks on this button?".

http://www.thevbzone.com/vbcce.htm is the Visual Basic 5 Control Creation Edition. Probably the only thing out there now that comes close to what you want and the only thing that stands a change of running under Windows 95. It's underlying language is very similar to BASIC, but a bit more powerful.