Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't connect with Linksys WRT54G on Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

pdconway

pdconway

GeekU

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
I'm trying to connect a Dell laptop running Windows 7 64-bit OS. According to the Linksys website the router is compatible with Windows 7. I updated the firmware for the router but the most recent upgrade was dated November 6, 2006. The laptop does see the network but cannot connect. I have a Dell desktop running Windows XP connected to the router which works fine.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Try changing the wireless channel on the router as explained here: http://www6.nohold.n...&articleid=4009

pdconway

pdconway

GeekU

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Thanks, but I'm already on channel 11. When I try troubleshooting, the problem shows up as "Wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration". Do you know how to enter an IP configuration?