Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DivX won't run

• Please log in to reply

Tidenova

Tidenova

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I have a couple of movies on my desktop that require DivX codec to play. I sat down to watch one with the family and it would not play, it actually froze the computer. I ran Malwarebytes and ESET online scanner and found absolutely no viruses, I then did it in safe-mode (just in case) and still no viruses. So now I'm thinking the problem is with the DivX package that I have.

I uninstalled DivX and tried to re-install it. However, I received a message of "divx plus installer has been blocked from connecting to the internet due to proxy, network, or security settings." The thing is it was never "blocked" before and I do not have ANY settings set that would in fact block it from downloading.

I don't know whether this is an application issue or a virus, but I don't have any virus logs to post because they are all completely clean.

I was advised on the application forum to post this here. What do I do to resolve the issue, download DivX, and get everything back to normal???

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Tidenova

Tidenova

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Bump

Tidenova

Tidenova

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Bump

Tidenova

Tidenova

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Sidenote, now in day 3, it seems that my internet is slowing down a little. I don't know if this is related but again, no virus scan is finding anything.

Tidenova

Tidenova

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Bump