Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

machine Powers on-no beeps no video

• Please log in to reply

Steve DeVore

Steve DeVore

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Computer powers on but no video and no beep from cpu. I have re-seated the ram, tried adding a new video card still nothing.

Please help

machine is a HP pavilion desktop.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

I think this would of been better in the hardware forum but I think I know the answer. I'm more of a software tech so if a hardware guru could clarify this it would be appreicated. If your computer turns on but you get nothing to me it could only be 1 of 2 things.

• Processor has failed
  • Motherboard has failed

For anything to happen a computer has to pass a POST (power on self test) this is the beep to an average user. You are not getting this so your computer hasn't posted so I am suggesting that your processor (CPU) or motherboard may have gone.

Regards