Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD on my new computer

• Please log in to reply

wolftone

wolftone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Ok guys

Heres what I have so far. I took out the radeon card and went back to the integrated graphics on the mobo, and could not get the computer to bluescreen. As soon as I put it back in again, and ran Call of duty, it froze the computer (Pending BSOD.) It still has intermittent times when it won't boot though. It lights up, but no bios.

I have another computer that I am having no issues with at all, and I purchased a Radeon HD 5670 for it. I installed a new 500W PSU, and the computer ran fine on the integrated graphics card, but as soon as I installed the radeon card, the following happened. Call of duty runs like a charm and no blue screen. As soon as I run World of Warcraft it blue-screened several times before settling in. It's been running for 24 hours now without a glitch, and I am in and out of WOW, and so far all is good. I haven't been raiding yet though.

It's a freakin' mystery unless Radeons have an issue with windows 7

Blessings

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm running a ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series with no problems in XP Pro 64 bit, Win 7 64 bit and Linux Pro 64 bit.
I think your problem is the card itself.

wolftone

wolftone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Both cards?

Blessings

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Highly doubtful it's both cards. I would say then the drivers are not being fully uninstalled and\or the PSU may not be powering the card correctly.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Heres what I have so far. I took out the radeon card and went back to the integrated graphics on the mobo, and could not get the computer to bluescreen.

Well at least it appears to have completely discounted the motherboard. I cannot see a board fault that will run OK with the Integrated graphics and fail on the card., as if that fault did exist I reckon it would fail without gaming.
My money would be on the Game both WOW and Call of Duty in relation to the particular ram, CPU etc.
I do not Game, and I am not a fan of tweaking but I just have a feeling your answer may lie with the wealth of information on those cards in the gaming community forums. I noticed when I first contributed to the thread and then suggested the integrated graphics that many people have tweaked and solved the problem.

Good luck with it.

wolftone

wolftone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Thanks guys for ALL your help on this. I will let you know when this gets resolved. I am confident that it will.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Like I said it sounds more like a under powered video card.

Motherboard Info:

Download SIW from HERE and get the Standalone English version
It will install itself and when finished

Then Click on SIW Icon to run program
On the left side click on the Motherboard directory and then on the right, copy and paste the information in your next reply
On the left side click on the Sensors directory and then on the right, copy and paste the information in your next reply

http://www.gtopala.c...w-download.html

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

I cannot see a board fault that will run OK with the Integrated graphics and fail on the card., as if that fault did exist I reckon it would fail without gaming.

Just to clarify, I meant actual motherboard board fault, as against what rshaffer61 suggested of underpowered graphics card.
He is, compared with me the expert on these matters and you.should follow his advice.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 28 February 2011 - 08:04 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 11 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.