Yes I was running it without any antivirus for two years, but Im not certain that its a virus problem?
You will either have been unbelievably lucky OR you have problems you are not aware of.What anti-virus have you now installed please. - answer this please on your next post.
It runs of a little box thing.
- do not worry but not a lot of help - Is that little box thing plugged into the laptop.
Have Windows Manage the Wireless adaptor.
- Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.Right click the wireless adaptor, then click properties. On the connect using entry it should show your wireless adaptor - what is it please. POST that detail please BEFORE proceeding and please wait for my reply before following the advice below.
Here is how you can enable/disable this feature:
1. Go to Start and right click Computer. Select and click Manage.
2. Computer Management window will appear. Under Services and Applications, select Services.
(Another way to reach this is: Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
3. Scroll down and select WLAN AutoConfig.
4. Double-click the service and its properties window will appear. If the startup type is not set to automatic, click on the dropdown arrow and change it to Automatic. Click Start to start the service if it's not started. Click OK at last.
Edited by Macboatmaster, 25 February 2011 - 05:46 PM.