Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow startup Fire Fox and IE

• Please log in to reply

jksdelver

jksdelver

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
On my lap top both Fire Fox and Internet Explorer are very slow to start up. More so I think with FF. However once running there is generally no problem moving between pages. I am running Vista. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Mychael

Mychael

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
FF has never been a real quick starter in my experience, though it's still my browser of choice. If you've got lots of add-ons that it has to load as well it will slow it down a bit. I rarely use I.E so cannot comment on that one. Opera is another browser and free to download, it seems to open quite fast, why not give it a try to see how it compares.

jksdelver

jksdelver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Thanks M I will have a look at the add ons. As the lap top isn't my main computer I can try the Opera.

Thanks again