Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Grrrrrrrrrrr ~ Looks likes windows 7 is unable to open .exe files ~

• Please log in to reply

Annoyed Beyond Belief

Annoyed Beyond Belief

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I started noticing I had problems with this when I tried to download various Stick Arena Ballistic trainers (all .exe), none opened and I had lots of flash errors (EG. Flash10c.ocx, and 10k), another program is Wordbiz, (.exe again) crashes right away. At first I tried to fix the flash, nothing worked, the solution was to re download, I have download every extension but nothing works, I have tried to fix the exe assuming that was the problem, I download exe_fix_w7, but it errors everytime? Any advice -_-

Advertisements

Snaps

Snaps

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

I started noticing I had problems with this when I tried to download various Stick Arena Ballistic trainers (all .exe), none opened and I had lots of flash errors (EG. Flash10c.ocx, and 10k), another program is Wordbiz, (.exe again) crashes right away. At first I tried to fix the flash, nothing worked, the solution was to re download, I have download every extension but nothing works, I have tried to fix the exe assuming that was the problem, I download exe_fix_w7, but it errors everytime? Any advice -_-

The first thing i would check is for a malware related problem. Post logs in the Section with the same problem listed and see what a true tech helper comes up with.

Annoyed Beyond Belief

Annoyed Beyond Belief

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am clean of malware just scanned on bytes.

Snaps

Snaps

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

I am clean of malware just scanned on bytes.

I personally don't know a lot about how exe files work. I would just Google stuff and research. And just cuz that says its clean it might not be. still might want to post a thread.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is it all exe files or just for the mentioned programs?
Does IE, Notepade, Windows Explorer, Media player or any others open

Annoyed Beyond Belief

Annoyed Beyond Belief

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I dunno, just them I guess, but why? New computer..

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I don't think it is the system but the programs themselves.
Go HERE to see what flash version you have and see if you are current.