Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 9

• Please log in to reply

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Operating System System Model
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States) Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 1
Enclosue Type: Notebook
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.20 gigahertz AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready

On this site http://www.microsoft...19-EB93996CA8E0 Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 64-bit Edition and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit Edition
I get a message that setup needs to close programs and I have a choice to Close programs for me and to ignore any open programs. I have tried both ways and always get this message in return: Internet Explorer did not finish installing. See the Internet Explorer Troubleshooter, which I have been to but does not help

On this site http://www.msn.com/?ocid=hmlogout, the IE 9 free download, I get a message that IE9 is now installed and to restart computer, After it is restarted I go to Internet Explorer, and do alternate H and it shows I still have IE 8.

I have run a disk check for errors, Went to Microsoft Fixit to try to fix IE. That did not work so I let Fixit reset IE 8. Then have gone back to try to install IE 9 and get the same messages as above. Not sure what to do now

Advertisements