Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HTML:RedirBA-inf

• Please log in to reply

imnadja

imnadja

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Today I was installing Skype on my Toshiba Laptop running XP Pro and installing a webcam and webcam software when all heck broke loose. suddenly webpages which I load all the time would begin to load then flip to the "Can't Find Web Page" message. Then it started happening on my Dell Desk Top computer too. It began taking over Email too. I immediately shut everything down and ran an Avast Full System scan on both computers These initial scans found found 22 infections on the Laptop and found no infections on the Desktop. I next did a Boot-Time Scan on both computers. The Boot Scan on the Dell completed and I don't think it found anything. Can't be sure because I can't find the log file it generated. The Toshiba laptop scan found hundreds and possibly thousands which it quarantined and came to a stop here: "C:\Windows\Driver Cashe\i386\driver.cab|>ctmasetup.chm|>bsscdhtm.js is infected by HTML:RedirBA-inf [TRJ] File is in Windows Folder, are you sure? 1-Yes, 2-Yes to All, 3-No, Esc-Exit" I am at a standstill as I have no idea which item I should choose so I can complete this scan and move on to something else, which is ask you guys/gals for help. So......Please Help.

Advertisements