Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista 64bit/32bit

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Good Morning and Happy Easter
Due to some installation and download issues, Microsoft finally decided to send a disc so I can do a repair installation. The computer came with both 32 and 64 installed. Showing my ignorance here, how can i install the 32bit without its wiping out or installing over the 64bit repair install that i have done ? As you know, they are short on assistance over there so that part of the repair was not adressed.
Will someone please help me or point me in the right direction for accomplishing this ???

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
why you would need to install both 32bit and 64bit versions of the same OS, since the 64bit has all the capabilities of the 32bit version, plus some extra stuff.

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
because it came that way and with some of the challenges that i have been having I considered the possibility of this being the root of it all.