Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash.ocx

• Please log in to reply

cedang

cedang

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying cut some DVD and i keep on getting (Windows is missing Flash.ocx) How can i putt it back in to the system? :)

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Uninstall the ActiveX version of the Adobe Flash Player via Add/Remove Programs. For the current version the uninstall entry reads
"Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX". Now, using only Internet Explorer, download & install Flash Player again by clicking on "Get the latest version" here: http://www.adobe.com.../downloads.html

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 27 April 2011 - 02:54 PM.

cedang

cedang

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you, I try that and it did not work but i did get a popup that said ( This program requires Flash.ocx, which is no longer included in this version of Windows). So where would i find flash.ocx ? :)

f

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
I think I've found the cause of your problem. The reason your program says "flash.ocx is missing" is because it's no longer called flash.ocx

It's now called flash10o.ocx which resides here: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\flash10o.ocx

The reason you get the error message is that the program is looking for the old file name.

Either check to see if there is a newer version of your program, or make a copy of flash10o.ocx then rename that copy flash.ocx

follow this guide:

Browse to the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder. Locate the flash10o.ocx file, right click it and select copy. Now just right click in a blank spot of the same folder and select paste. You will then find you have a file called Copy of Flash9.ocx in the folder. Right click that new file and select rename and change the name to flash.ocx.