Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista will not accept any login

• Please log in to reply

globaljoe

globaljoe

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hello, I am trying to sort out a friends laptop, Fujutsu/Siemens Amilo, running Vista home Premium, she has no idea what has gone wrong, and frankly, neither do I, upon power up Vista displays the error recovery screen, listing: safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt and start Windows normally I click on 'Start Windows Normally', the login screen is displayed with an administrator account and two user accounts but when clicking on any of them there is no password entry box, therefore the system cannot accept any login, using safe mode has the same result, the on-screen shut down button does not work either. All ideas will be gratefully accepted.
Thank You.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try this: Using System Restore from the Vista Windows Recovery Environment

globaljoe

globaljoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Thanks Ztruker, but when I get to the Fujutsu/Siemens restore factory defaults page the whole thing just freezes up!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
??? Fujutsu/Siemens restore factory defaults page?

How/why are you there. You should be doing a System Restore, not a restore to factory settings.

You could also select Startup Repair and run that up to three times, see if that resolves the problem.

How did you get to the factory restore page? That's not shown in the tutorial I gave you.