Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound on one acct but all others ok

• Please log in to reply

ragtoy

ragtoy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
weird situation one day it seems someone tampered with my acct settings. my customized xp desktop looks more like a wimn 98 desk top. I made inquiries about the issue and got the standard "not me" from the only other possible user. no worries, changed it back. what I didn't notice until much later is that I now have no sound playback for nothing. I switched to the hidden Administrator acct and all is fine, then proceeded to switch acct. back to the troubled acct but while playing a cnn video stream on the administrator acct with sound still playing, I logged on to the other acct and attempt to play anything that will provide some sound playback. Nothing happens , no sound playback from the troubled acct. But running in the backround is the sound playback from the Administraor acct. still functioning 100%. There you have it sound card and drivers are functioning just not on this particular acct could it be some sort of malware although not detected by MBAM

Advertisements