Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows vista wont boot properly

• Please log in to reply

sheehka123

sheehka123

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My windows vista won't boot properly. A black screen appears with a white blinking cursor. I tried doing a hard disk self test and it failed. Can anyone help me fix this? I don't know if its a problem with my battery or if I have a virus. Thanks!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You have a bad hard disk and need to replace it.

Do you have the Vista Installation DVD? If not, did you create the Recovery DVDs (usually takes 3 DVDs)? You will need one or the other to reload Vista once a new hard drive is installed. If you have neither, you should be able to order the Recovery DVD from the computer manufacturer. There should be a link on their web site.

What is the make and model number of your computer. I can help you locate this if you'd like.

sheehka123

sheehka123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I don't have either. My computer is a hp G60-230US. Thank you for your help!