Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 64 Bit / IE9 / Mouse Issue ?

• Please log in to reply

eric0668

eric0668

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am having the weirdest, hardest time with either the cursor, mouse, or what I am hoping is IE9

I was getting the question at the bottom, Allow All Content? on just about all pages. I went into Internet/Tools/Privacy and disabled it. Is that safe to show all material. I am assuming since I hit yes all the time it is no different

Next, not as often as that, I get "recover page" at the bottom

And sporadically, I am getting a cursor that I can't move, I can't right click to highlight, but the biggest symptom in this area is when attempting to scroll the slider on the right down, sometimes it sits there for like 4 or 5 seconds

I tried an old mouse, to no avail. I think it didn't work
But right now the mouse is fine.

I don't think the mouse would go on and off like this, both it and the keyboard, from Razer, are good, only a couple years old, and like I said, work most of the time. Keyboard ALL the time

Could this be an IE9 issue

I have spywareguard running, AVG, run Spybot and Malewarebytes weekly and Firewall on

Thanks
Eric

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Most problems with IE9 are caused by misbehaving add-ons. Try running without add-ons. Click on the Start orb and start entering Internet Explorer in the search box. When you see Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) click that and see what happens.

eric0668

eric0668

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank You Very Much I couldn't find a way to add that to the taskbar so I hit "take to program" although I think that is the regular IE, then put that there,

There were add ons, then I undid some

I need, Java, Shockwave, Google Toolbar (if I use that right), Spywareguard (if I use that right) But I was able to delete Google Toolbar notifier, Evernote, and Shareaze

Correct me if I am wrong. Maybe I can delete all of those add ons and they will still work

Thanks again
Eric