Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photo Help

• Please log in to reply

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I resized this photo, but I wanted to know if someone could zoom in on her, and make her appear to take more room up in the photo, like a face shot. The link is the picture, and any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

http://img232.echo.c...d250x2033lo.jpg

Advertisements

carelwen

carelwen

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
yeah,i saw a beautiful woman,if you resized this photo ,this photo will blur.this photo's format is bitmap ,is not vector.

Redwontdo

Redwontdo

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Well to start with the photo is slightly blurry, this is the best I could do.

Posted Image

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
lol, theres plenty of other hillary duff pictures online.

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

yeah,i saw a beautiful woman,if you resized this photo ,this photo will blur.this photo's format is bitmap ,is not vector.

View Post

Here's a JPEG file of the same photo. I hope this helps, thanks.

http://img27.echo.cx...6305/hd21in.jpg

carelwen

carelwen

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
the jpg format picture can't resized ,if you resized ,it will blur.

Attached Thumbnails

• beuty.jpg

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

lol, theres plenty of other hillary duff pictures online.

View Post

You said it! Think Paris Hilton may be in the lead. How about you?

omputerdude1985 : Try getting a better picture format that's high res if you gonna blow 'er up. :tazz:

Ron

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
http://www.hilaryduff.com then click on pictures haha..or google it.

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I'm going to use this as an opportunity. It may or may not help some people. However I work within a company that produces large format printing!

If you want to blow anything up in size you need to have a good resolution. Anything taken from the web is not good enough to use. The images on the web have been optimized for it's one purpose - speed!

If you want to double the size of an image you need to have it at around 200 - 300 dpi. Anything less and things will begin to pixilate!

The last image I was involved with was done at an eighth of the size of the graphic and was at 300 dpi, they wanted it to be 3metres by 4metres!! I didn't blow up! All the art work had to be re-done at 600 dpi!! Imagine the file size!!! (And the proofs were done in gloss and when the colour changed on matt they didn't understand why! Clients eh, who'd have um!)

If you are going to work in graphics for the web do not use Jpegs straight away. Get ol photoshop out, get good graphics done in high resolution and use Tiff. Once you are happy with them, then you can begin to change them over to jpegs and optimize them.

See the advantage of this is you can then save the original artwork and hold it forever more in a decent size, so if you ever need to re-use it for anything not invloved in the web, companies like mine won't laugh at your artwork!!

Any questions just reply!