Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with two things...

• Please log in to reply

MKCoconuts

MKCoconuts

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First off, I need help on why I can't download Google Chrome. I get so far in and all it keeps saying is "connecting to internet". Any thoughts?

Also, I own a 2Wire 2701HG All-in-One Modem/Router, and need help setting time limits in which a PS3 could connect to the internet, short of unplugging the ethernet cord. Any one have a step by step, to help me out on this? Thanks much!

Advertisements

muhib1996

muhib1996

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I can you give you a solution for the 1st one.
If it is always saying that "connecting to internet", then it means that actually it's not working. If it responds and internet if fine, then everything's ok. Also be sure that your firewall is not blocking it. Clear your browser history (FF: CTRL+SHFT+DEL and select EVERYTHING), download the official Google Chrome from the www.google.com/chrome and install

The painless way:
Once I also faced that kind of problem, I didn't know why it happened. So I downloaded offline installer. You can easily download offline stable versions of Google Chrome from www.softpedia.com . You can also google search it.

MKCoconuts

MKCoconuts

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Disabled the firewall and tried to install Google Chrome, with no luck. Still sits at the install screen saying "Connecting to Internet". Did the alternative by downloading the offline and all the further it gets is "Installing Google Chrome" and then it stops just like if I were to do it the other way.

muhib1996

muhib1996

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
There are several things to do now:
1. Update/Install your JAVA.
2. Remove Google Chrome completely. Try REVO UNINSTALLER: www.revouninstaller.com
3. Try the official standalone installer of Google Chrome. Link: http://bit.ly/s7sAPB

Please let us know what happened at last.