Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sudden BSOD on Windows 7 64Bit. Never happened before

• Please log in to reply

SuperNymph

SuperNymph

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, first time on this forum so bear with me if I'm violating common codes of posting.
I've recently (past week or so) been getting BSOD at random times and frequently game crashing which never happened before. When my game crashes, I get a message with lots of codes and somewhere in there it says "rendering thread failure" or something along those lines.
For the BSOD...it's just completely random. Never had a problem before...and I heard BSOD needs individual diagnosis because it's unlikely that my corrupt files are the same as another persons corrupt files? Which is why I started my own thread, sorry if I should be reading others first.#
Upon start up after BSOD, I get a little pop up saying:

Problem event name: Bluescreen
OS version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

then a bunch of BCP numbers and then:

Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\minidump\121511-17440-01.dmp
C:\Users\Squaffy\AppDate\LocalTemp\WER-35209-0sysdata.xml

This got me so worried...need help on fixing this, would be greatly appreciated and thankful! :(
Thanks a mill in advance to contributors.

Edited by SuperNymph, 15 December 2011 - 01:13 PM.

Advertisements