Can someone please help me?
Thanks a lot
Wish everyone a happy new year.
Jump to content
Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!
Edited by brandenqi, 02 January 2012 - 11:10 AM.
:OTL O4 - HKLM..\Run: [avPYOWQgOag.exe] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\avPYOWQgOag.exe File not found O4 - HKLM..\Run: [dplaysvr] C:\Documents and Settings\bobo\Application Data\dplaysvr.exe () O4 - HKLM..\Run: [gfhYdHclcK.exe] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\gfhYdHclcK.exe File not found [2011/12/31 18:54:18 | 000,016,418 | -HS- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\458v73p75ekmqk3f8msv2l :Services :Reg :Files ipconfig /flushdns /c :Commands [purity] [resethosts] [CREATERESTOREPOINT]]
Can you tell me, did this happen after running either RogueKiller or OTL, or did it just seem to happen on it's own?
I did run OTL yesterday, but I am not sure it is because of this or on its own. This computer seems have multiple virus.
See if you can boot the PC using Last Known Good Configuration:
- Switch your PC on, then immediately start tapping the F8 key
- Keep pressing it until you are shown a list of options which include Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking etc...
- Use the arrow keys on the keyboard and highlight Last Known Good Configuration
- Now press Enter
- Let me know whether the PC now boots normally
This doesn't work.
If the above didn't work, could you answer the following questions for me please...
- What is the make and model of the PC? E.g Dell Dimension 5150
compaq presario F500,
- What version of Windows are you running? E.g Windows XP, Windows Vista etc?
Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 3 (Version = 5.1.2600)
- Do you have a Windows Installation CD?
- Do you have access to another PC or Laptop?
I have another laptop running with xp
Edited by brandenqi, 02 January 2012 - 03:40 PM.
Edited by brandenqi, 02 January 2012 - 07:06 PM.
Edited by brandenqi, 02 January 2012 - 10:15 PM.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Community Forum Software by IP.Board
Licensed to: Geeks to Go, Inc.