Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant access itunes store

• Please log in to reply

lfarnie

lfarnie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Until recently access to itunes store via itunes was not a problem, now when I try to access everything acts as if I have not choosen the store and nothing happens, no error messages etc. I've looked at firewall for blockage and also double check parental settings in preferences to no avail.

Also I can open iTunes after a boot or restart, but if I close it I cannot open again without another reboot.

I use NOD32 and so my firewall is NOD32, not windows. Can the problem be a change in system network settings as a result of installing "Web Freer" browser? I never changed anything, but perhaps the install did. Web Freer may change things so I look like I'm in the US, rather than Bahrain so I can access any web site, even those blocked by Bahrain Government.

I have uninstalled Web Freer, but still can't access store. Sometimes I see an error message referring to timeouts, and other times I see a message saying that this ID is for store in the Philippines, perhaps indicating that when I select the store it is trying to show me a different store than the one setup for my ID (Philippines), but anyway everything worked fine until a couple weeks ago.

Edited by lfarnie, 15 January 2012 - 10:55 PM.

Advertisements