Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Large Downloads Fail

• Please log in to reply

thepopcornkernel

thepopcornkernel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Beginning this morning, I have been unable to download large files regardless of which browser I use - Chrome, IE, Firefox. For example, while testing this issue on ThinkBroadband, I am able to download the 50 MB test file without any problems. However, every time I try to download the 100 MB test file, it stops at 65.3 MB. Every time I try to download the 200 MB test file, it stops at 38.2 MB. Any ideas?

PS - Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Could not figure out which was the best option.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi thepopcornkernel ... :wave: ..:welcome:

are you still having issues today...
what kind of files are you trying to download...give us a link to the site

thepopcornkernel

thepopcornkernel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi happyrock. Yes, it still continues. Have isolated the problem somewhat. I know that it is not a problem with my ISP or modem. Also, all works fine in safe mode with networking. Did a virus check and a malware check and restored to a previous point in my system to no avail. As soon as I can get enough time, I'll go through each of my startup programs one by one, as I am sure one must be the culprit. The issue is happening across the board but I have been using the following site as a test: http://www.thinkbroa...m/download.html

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here ...check your speed on at least 3 servers...write down results...

now go here and click on tweak yests...
its right below the tools tabyou may have to scroll down to see it...after clicking on start ..when its done...it will take a few seconds..click on results and see if they have any recommendations for you...after doing recommendations recheck at speakeasy...

thepopcornkernel

thepopcornkernel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I know it did not do anything to my system (it said everything looked good, by the way) but all of the sudden it is working without any problems. Wow. I wish I had an explanation in case it happens again to me or someone else but I'll take the gift... thanks for your help!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome... :thumbsup: