Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

looking for an old game

• Please log in to reply

VeritasIX

VeritasIX

• Pip
  • 2 posts
this is quite a strange thing to be posting about, but i've found no other luck elsewhere and figured i might as well try this. see, recently i was reminded of an old game of mine-- this goes waay back to the days of windows 3.1.
Unfortunately what I do remember about this game is extremely abstract and will probably not jog anyone's memories, however I figured that I should give this a shot. Basically what I do remember is that I believe this game with my windows computer. i'm pretty sure it ran in DOS mode. the game started out with about a two minute introduction. in this you would see two aliens (one green, one purple). they were roughly the shape of traffic cones with three holes running vertically along their front.
the storyline goes something like this: the purple alien somehow becomes evil, and after a series of *forgotten* events turns the plot into something that has to do with time travel achieved by what look like porter potties.

also, if it helps, distinct scenes that i remember: - in the introduction, you see a car going very fast towards something (i think it was red?) and also, when you first start playing the game you are able to interact with someone that is trying to break into a car, then after you are able to walk towards the stream where the aliens were first introduced in the introduction.

i know all of this sounds extremely random and bland, and most likely stupid. however, i've been searching for this game. it's been about ten years since i've played it, however it's always fun to take a trip to way back when
--thanks

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
I have this! I know I do! I'll undust the old Win 2.0 machine and find it. At least, it sounds the same. :tazz:

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
The Geek~O~Meter is off the scale! Get outa here!! We got nuerons flyin wild!!!!

bugmenot

bugmenot

Banned - BugMeNot not allowed

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
This is one of the greates advanture games of all times. :tazz:

The Day of The Tentacle

http://www.abandonia...yofTentacle.htm

It isn't abandonware yet, but should be easy to find.
I hate companies that hold on to games almost as old as myself, trying to squeez out the last penny...

Hawker

Hawker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
wow....i need to pull out my old dos PC....i loved gorrilas, battle of brittain, and manhole... there were others, but i cant remember

VeritasIX

VeritasIX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ahh thankyou all my search is *finally* complete :-)