Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with security access to files on 2nd HD after installing windo

• Please log in to reply

JonSh1

JonSh1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently installed windows 7, and pervious to that I had my windows XP.
I have 2 HDs and the second one is where I put most of my files.

So i tried to open one my my pictures, and found a message saying:
"Windows photo viewer can't open this picture because you don't have the correct permissions to access the file location."
When I try to open some of the folder a pop-up message comes up saying:
"You don't currently have permissions to access this folder: click continue to permenentaly get access to this folder".
After continue another message pops-up:
"You have been denied access to this folder".

So I've tried to change the security prefrences to the HD using the security tab in the HD properties, but every time I try and change something, a pop-up message comes up for each file in the HD saying: "access is denied".
I can't change any of the security preperties.

I've tried to uninstall the drive in device manager and reset, didn't work.

I tried to change a sub-sub-folder security properties and I can play the music files that are in this directory.
But there are still many directories that when I try to change their owner pop up a message Access is Denied.

Any solutions? Thanks in advanced.

Advertisements