Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEW KINDLE DX

• Please log in to reply

OZDOUG

OZDOUG

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
Someone stop/redirect me if this is the wrong Forum for this topic...I tried to find something more suitable but couldn't see anything...........

Basically I am looking for any info or feedback on the 'new' Kindle DX. Amazon has info out showing the price at $379. I have a basic Kindle & am very happy with what it does, & feel no real need to get something like the Kindle Fire....it is the larger screen display of the Kindle DX that has caught my interest.

What info I can find seems to indicate that it could be overpriced, plus I want to be sure of the features it gives....can I do what I do with my existing Kindle, but with a larger display!

Any feedback is appreciated folks! :confused:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
According to some friends, the DX has a better browser, is better for reading periodicals, has a bigger screen so it's easier to read, and can read PDF's. The bad is the bigger screen makes it harder to carry around, and it only has a 4 row keyboard which uses the shift key to get to numbers. Second bad is its a bit pricy and on order in most places. It depends on how badly you need the good features to decide if you want it.

SRX660