Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD of this & that

• Please log in to reply

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Going on 2yrs probably.... Never knew what it was til recently

Advertisements

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
:sigh:

0xA
0x124
0x8E

All within an hr....and it was doing so good.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I just think that it keeps hitting those bad sectors and that's when the errors start.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I agree.

However is there I think one more possibility.

As we are now on post 108, it is quite a job to read all of the topic.

I have read what I can AGAIN in the time available to me.

If the computer is in the cabinet, TAKE IT OUT.

Check it again.

If it still crashes

If the case allows the side panel to be removed, in otherwords there is not a case fan on the side panel, do so and run it with the case open.

Referring back - I am not exactly sure what you mean by the computer is in a cabinet, but generally speaking running computers inside cabinets is never a good ideal, depending on the arrangement for the air flow.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Referring back - I am not exactly sure what you mean by the computer is in a cabinet, but generally speaking running computers inside cabinets is never a good ideal, depending on the arrangement for the air flow.

I would have to agree also. My system use to be in my computer desk but only had about 2 inches of space around it. Not enough for air flow so I moved it to sit on top of a short book shelf next to my desk. My temps stay constant now with no problems.

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Its been outside of the desk with the side off almost since this thread started.

Just thinking it has seen its better days....Have had for just about 5 yrs.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You could simply rebuild it with newer parts then if the case is not to bad.

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Yeah I thought about that, but I would probably end up spending more than just buying one.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Doubtful unless you buy a prebuilt. You would need the following... MB, CPU, Heatsink and Fan, Memory, Maybe video card, HD, OS, maybe a new PSU. I would say 500 or less.

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Well guys its safe to close this now. Wife gave me permission to just buy a new one. Back to the random BSOD on this one. Might just part this one out

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for the update and I am sorry we could not resolve the issue for you.
Let us know if we can assist you in the decision of a new one or any other issues that may arise. Thank you for allowing us as well as GTG to help you. Personally I want to say thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown during this topic and it was my honor to help you. ;) :cool: :ph34r: :thumbsup:

ZUGtastic

ZUGtastic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Well thank you guys....though we had it or at least good progress. Might try tinkering with it once the new one gets here. I went with the HP P7 1240.