Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Indicates No Connectivity When Online

• Please log in to reply

Brennan C.

Brennan C.

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hey, everyone! This obviously isn't a high-priority issue, but it's starting to get a little disconcerting.

For the past couple of months (since I moved home from school for the summer) the wireless network indicator on my taskbar indicates that I'm not connected to the network. When I hover over the indicator, however, it says that I'm connected with internet access to my home network, as shown here:

http://i47.tinypic.com/71gpcj.png

Like I said, this isn't a huge issue, as I'm posting this from the above-indicated network. It's obviously something that's broken, though, so I'd like to fix it. Does anyone have insight to this?

Thanks!

- Brennan

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Try opening your Device Manager and uninstalling your wireless driver and rebooting.Or if that does not work then hit the start button then control panel then network and sharing then manage wireless networks then find your wireless network and delete it then reboot your machine and re-connect to it.

delte wireless.JPG

Edited by rockmilk, 17 June 2012 - 01:00 PM.

Brennan C.

Brennan C.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Haha, of course it was something simple that I never thought of. Thanks! :-D

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
No problem glad to have helped. :)

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Do you mind telling us which step worked for you?

Brennan C.

Brennan C.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Oh, it was uninstalling the WiFi adapter and restarting.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
:thumbsup: The reason I asked is for anyone else having the same issue reading this could benifit. :thumbsup: