Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yet another BSOD thread. Hurray!

• Please log in to reply

WaspyGorilla

WaspyGorilla

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good evening, everyone.
So, it seems I have a bit of a problem. My computer doesn't seem to like me anymore. It's showing that big ol' nasty blue screen thing that tells me that there's something wrong.
Normally, I'd be able to figure this out on my own after a few hours of google research and the like, but I already know there's a ton of things wrong with this hunk o' junk. Don't get me started on the list of growing hardware problems I've been having recently (Mostly fans making annoying noises methinks).
Anyway, enough babbling. I (hopefully) made a proper minidump of the latest crash. If not, let me know and I'll do my best to remake one.
I'd really appreciate the help anyone can offer me. I don't have the money to buy a new one, so, like your first car (Which was most likely a beater), I want to make this sucker last as long as I can.

Attached Files

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
:welcome: WaspyGorilla

Possible causes include memory, power or driver issues (examples only).

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable others to better assist you.

Please run whocrashed (free version) then copy - paste the results + conclusion only into your next reply http://www.resplende...com/whocrashed/

Next download Windows Memory Diagnostic,
Save it to somewhere you will remember.

Preparation
After downloading the tool, run it and accept the EULA.
You will be asked to either make a floppy disk or create a CD image.
If you want to use a floppy disk, insert a floppy disk and hit the top button.
If you want to use a CD then hit the bottom button and save the 'windiag.iso' to a place you can remember.
Once you have saved the 'windiag.iso' you will have to burn it to disk, a good program to use is ISO Recorder.

Starting the Diagnostics
Now you should have the CD burnt or the floppy created. The next step will be to run the diagnostics.
Insert your CD or floppy and reboot the computer. You should get prompted to boot from the CD or floppy.
If you didn't get prompted to boot from CD or floppy you will have to change the Boot Order in the BIOS so that CD or floppy comes before the hard drive.

The Results
Once the Diagnostics start running, let it run for about 4 full passes. Preferably overnight.
When the scan has done 4 full passes, or an overnight scan, look at the bottom of the screen.
The bottom of the screen will indicate if any errors have been found.
If errors have been found please check how many under the "results" part of the bottom table.
You can then reboot your machine by pressing the 'X' key.
Please report back with your findings.