Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD tcpip.sys - Problems with SP1

• Please log in to reply

DragonEnvy

DragonEnvy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi guys! I am having some problems, I just mounted this new computer, and installed some games in it. I did the minidump.zip (Attached) I hope you can help me!

I am having the tcpip.sys (BSOD) every couple of minutes. Usually it happens when I am logged at Steam / Origin.

About the Problems instaling SP1, it installs, and when it's going to configure after restart it gets an error at 10% and then uninstall the files.
It says: ERROR_NOT_FOUND(0x80070490)

I tried to follow the sfc/ scannow tutorial, didn't worked, tried the hotfix, didn't worked... Know I don't know if I format and reinstall or try to find a fix. I want to find a fix, cause I just downloaded 5 12GB games, and I don't want to it again :(

Thanks!

Attached Files

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Looks to me like you have a malware infection as the failing module is e1q62x64.sys. Go to the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum, read the first post and follow instructions.

Come back here once you get a clean bill of health if you still have problems.

DragonEnvy

DragonEnvy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Really? But this is my new computer and this is a new SSD, I haven't download anything before the error started to happen. Maybe it's because the Windows is not original and I used software to activate it.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The strange naming made me think it was malware, but looking more that seems to be an Intel Ethernet file. See here: BSOD tcpip.sys & e1q62x64.sys

Try updating the network driver.

DragonEnvy

DragonEnvy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yea, that must be it... I am going to try it in here and send you a reply asap :D

Thanks for helping :)

DragonEnvy

DragonEnvy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
It seems to be solved the Tcpip.sys as yesterday I played, logged and played (lol) the entire night, and no problems happened.

But about the Sp1, I still can't install it, do you know how to fix this problem?

ERROR_NOT_FOUND(0x80070490)

Is it file related? Can I download this file to try fixing it?

Thanks!

DragonEnvy

DragonEnvy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Finally, Thanks for helping me, I got the solution!

In this website show exactly what you have to do, if there is one or more fails you got to correct it all : http://beerpla.net/2...1-installation/

Thanks!

---

Can put this topic as Solved :)

Edited by DragonEnvy, 16 July 2012 - 04:54 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Excellent find. I added that one to my tips collection. Thanks for telling me about it.