Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

services.exe.mui redirect issues [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rjWellner

rjWellner

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi i am running windows 7 and my computer is running very slowly with reedirects that are driving me insane. i know this services.exe.mui is tricking my pc but i cannot figure out how to get rid of it. any help iss appreciated.

Advertisements

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hello rjWellner and welcome to my office here at G2G! :)

My nick is maliprog and I'll be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:

NOTES:
  • Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
  • Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
  • Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
  • Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
  • If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
  • Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste it to include the log in your reply.
  • You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed

Step 1

Download OTL to your Desktop

• Double click on the icon to run it (If running Vista or Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator"). Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Under the Custom Scan/Fixes box paste this in

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
Userinit.exe
svchost.exe
services.*
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them if you need to start a new topic.

Step 2

Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
  • Check the boxes beside:

• Verify Driver Digital Signature
    • Detect TDLFS file system
  • then click OK.
  • Click the Start Scan button to start the scan.
  • If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.
  • Ensure Cure is selected for malicious objects

Posted Image
  • Click Continue then Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
  • Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste its contents on your next reply.

Step 3

Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:

• OTL log
  • TDSSKiller log
It would be helpful if you could post each log in separate post using "Add Reply" button

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.