Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rhapsody Player Engine location

• Please log in to reply

eastmtns

eastmtns

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I have a Compaq Presario SR5027CL Desktop. I am trying to upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium
to Windows 7 Home Premium. I ran the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Report on my computer. One of the
results was "Rhapsody Player Engine Not Compatible". It said to uninstall this program. When I looked at the
programs under Start, I didn't see Rhapsody Player Engine. I also didn't see Rhapsody Player Engine when
I went to the Control Panel and went to the programs in order to uninstall. Where could the Rhapsody Player
Engine be located? I read that it's a plugin but that didn't help.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
It is a Plugin and is often bundled with RealPlayer. I would suggest uninstalling RealPlayer first.

Once that's done, open IE, click on Tools then Manage Add-ons. Look for anything to do with Rhapsody. Click on each then click on the Disable button.

Now right click on one of the Rhapsody Add-ons and select More information, At the bottom should be a Folder line which tells you where it's located on the hard drive.