Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! windows cannot find C:\Program files (x86)\HP\

• Please log in to reply

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
This error message pops up at every reboot "C:\Program files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Bin\HPQTRA08.EXE." After much trouble shooting (and speaking on here with you all) I think this may be the reason I am no longer able to use all of the functions of my HP All In One 6380 Printer, I am at a loss. It will print, it will not install all of the components. (I have the disk).

I just ran the chkdsk, and the SFC/scannow utilities and there were no errors. How can I help my machine find this file? Or, where did this file go in the first place?
Thanks in advance for your help on this!

Mary

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Completely uninstall all components of the HP 6380. There are quite a few of them normally.

Read here: Uninstall All HP Software

Then reboot and reinstall from scratch. Make sure you disconnect the USB cable before starting the reinstall as it will prompt you when it wants you to connect it.

maryisme

maryisme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Yep, I've done all of that even used the revo uninstaller, which has since expired. I have run out of options. The one thing that I may be able to do with much hand holding would be to try to restore my machine back to when I know the components worked, (Mid May). I have never tried this before and am unsure how to do it. I have backed up my entire computer on an external Hard drive, I have never had to use it. This would be very uncharted territory for me. I do appreciate your taking the time.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Did you run the "deep clean" batch files as the article I linked mentions? I've had problems with HP printer install before and running the batch files resolved it for me.

See here for How to do a System Restore with Windows 7