Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo messenger problem

• Please log in to reply

chame

chame

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yahoo messenger encourage problem.. What will I do?

Advertisements

WhiteHat

WhiteHat

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 1,925 posts
Hello chame and welcome to GeeksToGo :)

My nickname is WhiteHat and I'm going to help you fix your problem.

• Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you.
  • Please do not try to fix anything without being asked
  • I suggest you print or save any instructions I give you for easy reference. We may be using Safe mode and you will not always be able to access this thread.
  • Do not put your logs inside <Quote> and/or <Code> *important*
  • Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post unless directed otherwise.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
  • Lastly, Please be aware that removing Malware is a hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. Some infections are so severe that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system. Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but, sadly, it does happen.
    In light of this be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.

In order to be notified when your topic has been replied to:

Click My Settings at the top of the page. An Option page will open. In the left hand column click Notification Options. On the new page that opens under the Notification Preferences section click Watch every topic I reply to and set the notification type to Immediate Notification.

WhiteHat

WhiteHat

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 1,925 posts

Yahoo messenger encourage problem.. What will I do?

Can you give more details? What problem?

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Select All Users
  • In Extra Registry, select Use SafeList
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
    netsvcs
    msconfig
    drives
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %systemdrive%\drivers\*.exe
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.* /90
    %PROGRAMFILES%\*.*
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLIENTS\Startmenuinternet|command /rs
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLIENTS\Startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic

NEXT

Download aswMBR.exe ( 4.8mb ) to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan

Posted Image

On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

Posted Image