Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no picture on screen once OS loads (HDMI no signal)

• Please log in to reply

EagerToLearn

EagerToLearn

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
My computer suddenly stopped displaying the OS on screen. The picture is totally gone and the screen shows a message of "HDMI no signal".

I say that it doesn't display the OS because it displays all fine during the start up. But as soon as windows starts, the picture goes away and the "HDMI no signal" message appears for some seconds before it all goes black.

Now the weird thing is that I still have a signal when I use the computer on the safe mode; it works with no problem. But when I try to tart Windows normally, the signal just disappears.

From that, I assume that it might be a problem with the controller and Windows 7, like it's not loading properly with the operating system. I tried to fix it using the safe mode, but I didn't really know what to do. I tried to update the controller, but as usual it says that the latest version of the controller is already installed. I accessed the startup programs but there was nothing about controllers during startup.

So I don't know what to do =(

My OS is Winos 7, 64 Bits
My Monitor is an ASUS VH236, LCD, 23 inches
My main board is a Gigabyte B75M-D3H
No video card.

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hi -
To confirm a few things You could list the Make and Model of computer and post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy <<Follow These Directions

Thank You -

EagerToLearn

EagerToLearn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I can't use it because my PC won't visualize anything. I can only use it on the safe mode.
Right now I am using another computer.

EagerToLearn

EagerToLearn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I fixed it!!
I decided to check the monitor's manual and then I saw it
All I had to do was to push the input select button till I got the right signal

Posted Image

Edited by EagerToLearn, 23 August 2012 - 04:42 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
thanks for letting us know... :thumbsup: