Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Z506 5.1 Surround Sound, 2 Working Speakers (SOLVED)

• Please log in to reply

Mozzy

Mozzy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm using a Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound system (http://www.newegg.co...121044&Tpk=z506) and the only speakers working are the sub and the speaker that controls volume. If I run a test using the sound control, the proper noise comes out of every speaker perfectly fine. However when I try to play music through say, pandora.com, it only comes from the subwoofer and the sound-control speaker.

EDIT: In Realtek HD Audio Manager, if I set the configuration to 5.1 Speaker and click "Speaker Fill", it plays music out of all but the "front left"-labeled speaker.

EDIT2: In the picture here, the arrow that I drew is pointing to the speaker that isn't working. When the test comes to that speaker, the sound comes out of the subwoofer, instead of the proper speaker

EDIT3: It seems that in the test, when the sound system isn't picking up a speaker, it plays the noise from the subwoofer. I plugged one of the speakers I knew was working into the front-left speaker port on the subwoofer, and it played through that speaker. However the when it tried to test the speaker port that didn't have a speaker in it, the sound came from the subwoofer.

EDIT4: I pulled a speaker from my old setup, and plugged it into the left-front port. The sound now comes out of that speaker like it should.

TL;DR: DoA speaker, replaced with another.

Edited by Mozzy, 26 August 2012 - 12:58 PM.

Advertisements