Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB and Controller problem PS3

• Please log in to reply

RSH101

RSH101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Everyone.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me with this. My PS3 recently got the red light of death, however i fixed this problem by performing a reflow on the CPU and GPU. After putting everything back together i turned the PS3 on and it was working perfect and still is, however i cant get any controllers to connect with it. The usb charging ports dont seem to be working either and im just wondering could i have left something out when putting it back together? i have searched around and cant seem to find any parts which i may have left out when putting it back together except for one small little metal clip with the number 8 inscribed in to it. for some reason i have a strong feeling that this has something to do with why the usbs wont charge and why the controllers wont connect. The ps3 which i have is the big old 80gb model. I have attached a picture of the small metal clip, if any one could help it would be great thanks. Clip.jpg

Advertisements

matty99

matty99

• Pip
  • 1 posts

i am aving the same exact problem except my whole playtation has never had a problem but i had a nephew over and we switched controllers and  cant get mine to work again. his woks on mine and mine works on his. mine just wont work on mine